Monday, July 27, 2009

Sometimes, you get what you pay for

Let me be very clear here. I love the Target Dollar Spot. I know the items there are usually of questionable quality, but come on people. It's a dollar! But I particularly love this time of year when they pull out the educational goodies. Sofia has been interested in learning the names of states lately, so when I saw this little lift-the-flap book, I was delighted. I'm going to take you on a little tour, give a little quiz, and see how well you know your states......


Here we have the states of the North East. I will admit, I'm no geography jock, but the NE states in particular are shaky for me. Let's start with that nice little blue flap in the upper left corner... do you know what state that is?


If you guessed Connecticut, you're right! I don't think I guessed Connecticut. I think I said Delaware. Moving on.
Ah, the great states of the North. See where my finger is pointing? That nice little blue state? Do you know what that one is?

If you guessed Illinois, you're.... wrong? Wait, I didn't know Georgia was in the North. Hmmm..... Moving on. Let's turn the page.

Wait a minute. Didn't I just guess this one on the previous page? This looks suspiciously like "Georgia." Oh, well. Maybe this time I'll get it right. Did you guess Georgia, too?


Dang it! Wrong again! It's really Arizona, of course. The great Arizona of the North. What a terrific learning tool.

When I looked for the lovely state of Texas, it wasn't included any where in this book. Maybe we really did leave the nation... Go Lone Star!

I'll just say, if you got 100% on this quiz, maybe you better head back to 1st grade geography... I know I'm checking into entrance requirements for myself.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Piece of junk!!! If I were you I would have to contact the publisher. Some poor kid will grow up thinking the Illinois is actually Georgia. I love the idea of this book if it were only accurate. There I go...asking too much of people and businesses.

The Family said...

I love your sense of humor! I look forward to your new blog posts.

DonB said...

It sure helps to have ADHD. By the time I get to the part where I guessed right or wrong, I don't remember what the question was. I'm no worse off.