Monday, June 1, 2009

My husband, the Chef

Our friend Audrey is having a birthday party tonight, and Filipe won the Rock-Paper-Scissors game and got to be the family representative there. Since she is Brazilian (as is Filipe, duh), we are contributing some Brazilian goodies to the spread. Filipe came home while the kids and I were at another friend's 4th birthday pool party and started cooking. He left as we got home. And this is what I come home to.



Add to this scene of loveliness the smell of the deep fryer.....

How is it that I lose out on the party AND get the stinky, dirty kitchen? Well, like my mom would say, "Life's not fair. Get over it." So, I'll clean up the mess, then treat myself to some cookies 'n cream ice cream from the freezer. That sounds fair.

2 comments:

The Family said...

I ask Jeremy all the time if he is allergic to the dishwasher because his dishes always manage to stop at the sink!

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

You're a good woman. ;)