Friday, May 29, 2009

Budget Curtains

I've been living in this house for three years, and have yet to put up curtains in the living room. It was only very recently that I even had a rug or coffee table in the living room. I'm not a big fan for spending money (love craigslist) so I had to come up with something inexpensive that didn't look cheap. So here's before:



And here's after:





These were the expenses:

2 5'9" x 8'9" Canvas drop cloths------ $20 (total)
black wooden curtain rod-------------- $9 (Walmart clearance)
3 packages curtain hooks--------------$15
____________
Grand Total $44.00

Yay! Love bargains. I still have one window to do in the living room, then I will be happy. The canvas has a lovely texture to it, and I really like the black curtain rod & hooks. All in a day's work!

1 comment:

A Little Bit Zany said...

You......ROCK sister friend!!!!!!