Sunday, June 21, 2009

Important lessons.




So I made Sofia a nice little tiered skirt last night. She saw the scraps of curtains/dining room seat covers and told me it would make a perfect skirt for her. So after the kids went to sleep, I got to work. Everything went pretty good, actually. I had several different scraps to work with, and had just the right amount of fabric.
I got a little too pleased with myself, I think.

As I sewed the bottom tier together, I noticed something a bit odd. It didn't seem to be the same color! That's when I realized that all the tiers, except for one panel for the bottom tier, was cut from the same scrap. That last panel was cut from what used to be the top of the curtains.

Apparently, sun fades fabric differently at the top than at the bottom.

Curious.

What's also curious is the multi-shaded aspect of her cute little skirt.

Oh well.

At least I finished it.

And maybe with a few washings, everything will fade to the same shade.

I can always hope.

2 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Fawn! That skirt is awesome! I am totally impressed.

Kim Greenberg said...

fading fabric is in! nice work.