Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eve's Curse

"And I will cause hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel." Gen. 3:15



This verse ran through my head a few times this weekend. It was the weekend of trauma in the Fernandes house. It started out with Filipe on Friday. He knocked a glass over, instinctively tried to keep it from falling to the ground, but impaled his thumb on a piece of glass. Result: 4 stitches.



Sunday morning the fun continued with Ben. He was playing in the guest room/sewing room when he somehow got ahold of my rotary cutter, flipped down the safety guard (apparently not child-proof) and slice his index finger on it. It bled like a geyser, and for some foolish reason, I didn't take him in to get stitches. Poor little dude. It's still trying to start healing



Speaking of heels, later that morning I caught my foot under the glass door to the back porch as it was swinging shut. Result: pain, suffering, and the gnashing of teeth. Oh, and a nice-sized bruise and lump along with the gash on my heel.






I thought the party was over, until this morning Sam did a nose-dive onto the corner of a wooden puzzle in Sofia's closet.





So now I'm waiting to see what fate has in store for Sofia. I'm just hoping it won't require a visit to the ER.

No comments: