Thursday, June 25, 2009

Never doubt a four-year-old

As I was vacuuming Filipe's office (yes, it's time for his annual cleaning), Sofia came in from playing on the back porch.



Sofia: Mom, is it going to rain today?



Me: No.



Not an unreasonable answer, considering we live in south Texas. I don't want to give her false hopes.



Sofia: But Mom, I felt something wet fall on me! I think it's going to rain!



Me: Maybe it was bird poop.



Sofia then paused, brow wrinkled in concentration, I would guess imagining bird poop in her hair.



Sofia: Noooo!



So she leaves the office, potentially traumatize from the idea of fecal matter falling on her head.



She comes back two minutes later.



Sofia: Mom!! It IS raining! Come and see!



So we go outside, and sure enough, there are some raindrops falling on our head. Not bird poop at all. After staring at the strange sight with a look of wonder on my face (after all, we DO live in south Texas!), Sofia gives me a dirty look, and tells me as only a vindicated 4-year-old can do:



Sofia: See, I told you it was raining.



My deepest apologies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"bird poop" hahahaha