Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where the battle begins

Over the last several years, Filipe has developed mild allergies. In spring and fall, he'll get a bit sniffly and sneezy, and we'll wonder if he's about to get sick. Well, this year, he really broke loose. Within the space of a week, he was nearly incapacitated. Sneezing, congestion, runny nose, itchy/watery eyes, the works. It got so bad he let me make an appointment with an allergist. He came home looking like he had endured an interview of torture. His back was covered with little welts where they tested him for what seems like every allergy known to man.




Our lucky boy came up positive for lots of seasonal allergies, and fun things like dust mites. Good times. He was prescribed an entire battery of meds, some of which are helping a bit. But he still has such a hard time overnight, I've started the Battle of the Mites in our room. I've stripped the bed, washed everything in hot water, I'm getting rid of my fluffy down comforter (sob!) and will get some mattress & pillow encasings.









I dusted, I vacuumed. I've laid our bedroom bare.









Watch out, dust mites. You don't mess with my man. This means war!

3 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Oh so sorry. That test is the worst! I literally have to lay on my hands to keep from scratching my back. Did the doctor mention getting weekly shots? I get those and it is helping alot. Hang in there Filipe. On a brighter note Fawn, your room looks so fabulously clean!! Wanna come over to my place?

Kim Greenberg said...

Does Lysol kill dust mites?

Olivia said...

oh wow! that does not sound like fun at all