Monday, April 20, 2009

Some place hot just froze over.




I actually completed my first apparel project! I started this pair of pants quite some time ago, was interrupted when the boys woke up from their nap, and never seemed to finish it. So today, I finally finished them! They are a pair of pants/capris for Sofia, but you know how she is about photographs. So I got Sam to model them for me (don't worry, baby, I'm saving up for your therapy).
They are made of out a stripe corduroy that I love, and granted, it made the pants a little retro, but hey, you learn as you go. These pants have side pockets and an elastic waist. I'm so happy to have them done. No guarantees she'll ever wear them, but I tried. And I just might try again, given the proper inspiration from a visit to the Walmart material section.....

4 comments:

Olivia said...

hehe...I might be able to supply the therapy...j/k I'm impressed that you made some pants for Sofia.

The Family said...

Congrats! I have always been to scared to attempt clothes :)

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Awesome. You could totally start selling those on Etsy! Look at you go!

Kim Greenberg said...

Is the Circus in town? Okay, I'll admit they are pretty darn cute. When can I put my order in?