Monday, February 16, 2009

Then..... and now.


Ah.... Midland Adventist Academy, Class of '99. This last weekend was the 10-year reunion up there in Shawnee, KS. My whole family made the trek so I could see most of my former classmates.
What a strange feeling walking into the building that I spent most of my time in 10 years ago. I had my three kids with me, but somehow I still felt 17. And to see my classmates, and schoolmates, and their kids. Well, it was an interesting juxtaposition.
Eight of the 11 students in our class showed up for the weekend. Susan, who has two kids and has been married for almost 10 years, Carlos Mott, who looks exactly the same as he did 10 years ago, Tasha, still the unofficial leader of the class, trying to get everyone together. Carlos Prieto, still asking how my sister's doing, Mikey, as full of mischief & teasing as ever, but now a father and preacher. Seth, the other preacher in the class, with the content and powerful delivery of a sermon that amazed me, Dean, still the same, yet all grown up with two boys of his own. We missed having Doug, Tesha, and Brandon.
It was a great year, and this was a great weekend. Thank you to my classmates for giving me a place in your ranks. See you in 10 years!

2 comments:

Kim Greenberg said...

Glad you had a great time reminiscing!

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

hehe. I love the first picture...I just remember thinking I was so "cool" at this point in life. Good times. Glad you were able to make it back and hopefully everyone was and still is healthy!