Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The object of my affection

This is Ben.




This is Ben sleeping.




That whole sleeping thing didn't really happen last night. He was up essentially all night coughing. Since he shares a room with Sam, I brought him into our bed. Since Filipe earns a paycheck by going to work every day, I took him downstairs to sleep on the couch with me. He didn't go for that. In fact, he did not want to go anywhere this tired mom suggested we go to sleep at 1:30am. I finally asked his opinion (what took you so long, mom?) and he pointed to Daddy's office.
Smart little stinker. How did he know that he wore mom down so far that she would be willing to do nothing short of sleeping by her toes hanging from the balcony, as long as he would just stop coughing and sleep?? He chose the one place he consistently gets into trouble for playing in, and chooses there to have a rest. So yes, we went into Daddy's office at 2am, lay right on the carpet next to the piles of paper on the floor and had a little rest. He still was coughing like a maniac, but at least he wasn't getting angry.
After about 45 minutes, when I figured he was here to stay, I went to collect at least a down throw and a throw pillow from the couch to give a bit of protection from rug burn. And that is where we spent most of the night. I love my Benny!
P.S. Took him to the doctor today, turns out he has two ear infections, and possibly a sinus infection. Hurray for antibiotics! So hopefully, between that and the Benedryl (dr. approved) he might actually get to stay in his own bed tonight. And Mom can go hang by her toes.
P.P.S. Unless, of course, that pesky little fever that Sam started complaining of at 6pm tonight turns ugly. In that case, I better get the blow-up mattress ready in the office.... it's going to be another long night.

1 comment:

The Family said...

So sorry for all of your sickness... I hope you guys feel better soon and we can see you.