Monday, February 2, 2009

The Ants Go Marching One By One.....

Hurrah! Hurrah!


This weekend Filipe went with some guys from church on a backpacking trip to Big Ben National Park, otherwise known as Barren Desert Wasteland. I enjoyed looking at his pictures, but I'm glad I wasn't there. They're probably glad I wasn't either.


They hiked,
they slept,



they ate,



they took many many pictures of the sunrise,



they encountered many lovely creatures of nature, such as this Mexican Jay:


And like this lovely furry fellow:

Yes, that would be a bear. A bear cub, I believe. One of four cubs. Oh, and don't forget the mama bear. Let's just say I'm glad to have my husband back, and he's not part of some bear's scat.


And they made it to the top. Looks like he's having fun, eh? Such a handsome fellow. Filipe's ready to plan for the next one!

2 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

How fun! I think next time the gals should go along too and bring all the munchkins! ;)

Olivia said...

It looks like a fun trip!