Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goodwill Rescue, Part III

I wasn't planning on a part III, you know. I was so happy when I turned this



into this:



And now I can't get my copy to the left margin. Fantastic. I guess we're going verse style today.

Anyhoo.

I was very pleased with my pretty little coat rack. It's been very useful in the laudry room, too. Perfect for hanging the dress shirts and such right from the dryer.

The only complaint was that the lovely porcelain white color kind of blended in with the softly green walls. But what am I to do, repaint the walls a different color just so it stands out more? That's just crazy talk.

What I did was paint the laundry room walls, the cabinets, AND the coat rack, to make it stand out more.

I got skillz.

And I'm super excited with the result. But since I'm still trying to finish up the accessorizing of the laundry room, I'll give you a sneak peak, via the redux redo coat rack. Here she is, in all her cranberry glory:



We'll hopefully have full laundry pics soon!

I'm linking up to Transformation Thursday

Also linking to Mustard Seed Creations Before & After Party

3 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

Ingenious! Who would of thought to use a headboard? Love it!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh my, that is cute. And I love the red color. Everyone (including me) is painting so many things white that it is fun to see a punch of color. Nice work!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a neat idea...love the color!
Hope you have a great day!

Blessings,
Linda