Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Goodwill rescue, Part II

Well, I finally decided the fate of my ugly Goodwill headboard.

I thought for a while to use it in my new guest room/sewing room as an actual headboard, but I just wasn't digging the idea. So, when I saw this post on Centsational Girl, I knew this was the answer. I have been needing something to hang the dress shirts and stuff that comes out the dryer before I take it upstair to hang in the closet. Perfect fit! And this solution also has enough hooks to put the kids coats on, too. I'm so pleased with how it turned out. For a recap, here's how it goes:
  • Find cheap, ugly headboard at Goodwill.
  • Avoid husband's glowering looks as to why you would buy a cheap, ugly headboard at Goodwill while trying to reassure yourself some good will come out of this (pun intended).
  • Sand/prime (forgot this step, actually. Regret it)/paint the ugly sucker.
  • Look at it in the garage for a couple of months, trying to figure out what to do about it.
  • Saw the legs off.
  • Attach coat hooks.
  • Attach D-rings to the back.
  • Hang (the rack, not yourself).
  • Look confident when your husband notices.
So thanks to Centsational Girl for the idea.... Everything told, this project cost me less than $20! Unless you count the fact that I now feel the need to revamp my entire laundry room... That could add on a few $$.... Stay tuned :)






DIY Day @ ASPTL
And Trash to Treasure Tuesday (a little late) at




And Transformation Thursday at *The Shabby Chic Cottage*
 

10 comments:

The Weathered Cottage said...

way cute! I love that idea.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That looks amazing! I will be featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogpsot.com Grab my 'featured' button!

happileah said...

That's really cute!

lifewithquads said...

Love it!!

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

You're so creative! Love seeing what you're up to!

Dresser Girl said...

That is just simply COOL!!

Judy @ In His Grip said...

This has got to be the best I have seen so far. Love it!!!!!

Michelle Hughes said...

That is great! What a clever idea!

SMiles!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I do so like this idea and have a headboard I think would work. Also plan on hanging it in my tiny walkthru laundry area- hope it will work and the coats will stay on when we go through there!

blessings
mary

Dawn said...

I am now on the look out for a cute head board at goodwill! Your Coat rack looks amazing!