Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Instilling fear into my offspring

Every time I pull out the spray paint (which is getting ridiculously often), my daughter gets this look of fear in her eyes that makes me think she's expecting to be next!

I did a couple more projects this last week, and here are the before & afters:
A lovely, flawless table I found at GW, only $7. Loved the wood, too. But I have a bit too much brown/neutrals in my living room (and the rest of my house really) so this little friend was turned to.......


Black! I know, you're surprised, aren't you?




Also went to Salvation Army today and found this cute little box thing.



It has the nice garden-y cutouts and frosted glass inserts. I took out the inserts, gave a nice coat of Valspar's Porcelain, and voila!



A lovely tray to hold my bathrom clutter. On a side note, the Valspar doesn't seem to give as good of coverage as the Rust-Oleum stuff does. Anyone else notice that?

Can't wait to see what's sprayed next.....

I'm linking to DIY Day at



ASPTL

16 comments:

Sarah { abeachcottage } said...

wow that little tray looks totally great and would look good in my bathroom

don't ya just love spray paint?

Blue Creek Home said...

Hey, brown to black is a big change if the room needed black.
Great job on both projects.
Glad you came by BCH.
Rhonda

Brittany said...

i love painting furniture black!! looks great!!!

Pam @ This Humble House said...

Very nice! Those turned out great!

~ Pam

stefanie said...

they looks soooo much better

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

gotta love spray paint. They look great!

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

These look great. I agree that Rustoleum is the best--esp. for painting metal.

Anonymous said...

those look great!

Jen said...

I agree - I bought 11 cans of Valspar and returned 10. Love the Rustoleum!

Anny said...

Thta second box was quite a find - its gorgeous! Your post title made me crack up :)

Unknown said...

The box is gorgeous! I've gotta get to Lowe's and get some more Rustoleum. I've been using Krylon (which I love) but Rustoleum does work better. I'm not a fan of Valspar at all.

Make sure you entered your name twice for the Purdy Paintbrush giveaway

Unknown said...

They both look great, the table looks so much better in black.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Those look fabulous!

And thanks for stopping by! :)

Anonymous said...

very nice
I love the table, wish my GW had such nice stuff - ours is expensive!!

Brittany said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!! i'm hosting a Goodwill party every Wednesday!! Stop by and join in.

Brittany said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!! i'm hosting a Goodwill party every Wednesday!! Stop by and join in.