Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh, how I love spray paint!


I'm not one of those people who walks through a thrift store, sees some ugly piece of random junk, and thinks, "Oh! what beautiful lines! I think that would look great after a fresh coat of paint!"

But the other day, I was walking through Goodwill, I saw some ugly gold colored bowl thing, and I thought, "Oh! what lovely lines! I wonder if that would look better black?"

So I bought it.

$1.99.

The lady at the checkout, who apparently owns an antique shop, said it's soapstone, or something like that. It's fairly heavy, and it really does have nice lines. And since I'm new to this whole spray-paint-everything-including-your-own-mother game, I thought, "why not?"

Hot dog, do I like spray paint! I gave this little fella one coat, and some of the gold still shines through. I was about to give it another coat when I realized I totally dig the antique brassy thing happening. So I left it.

I put some fruit in it for the picture, but I'm hoping to make some decorative balls soon to put in it for my mantle. My sad, sad mantle. But he's going to be a little happier now, thanks to my $1.99 Goodwill find!

4 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

It's so pretty painted black! Fabulous job on it and a great preice!

~Blessings, ~Melissa ;)

Annette said...

I love this piece in black! It looks so elegant. Thanks for visiting my blog.

gail@myrepurposedlife said...

gotta love that spray paint! It recently won me over too!
great job!
gail

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Love it, now it looks really cool and chic. :)