Thursday, January 29, 2009

Feelin' Good!

Anyone who knows me understands that I long to be creative. I was not given that gift. Give me a list of instructions, and I can produce results. But even with instructions, I don't generally turn out quality crafting.



That's why I'm so pleased with today's production. We got some throw pillows with our couch that I have almost always thought were hideous. But I hate spending $20+ on new pillows. So one of the websites that I follow (and imagine myself being so creative & productive) gave instructions on how to make pillow slipcovers. It sounded easy, so I did it (3 months later)! And it fit! Amazing. And since they are slipcovers, I can: a) remove them to wash in the unlikely event my children will spill milk, jelly, snot, oil, or bath wash on them; and b) theoretically make so many different kinds to fit my mood or season. Not that I think that'll happen anytime soon. But I can dream, can't I?

5 comments:

JBB said...

I am very impressed, straight lines and everything - you go domestic goddess!!

The Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Family said...

Very nice Fawn! You will have to show me the site you got the pattern from. I'm glad that you guys joined Lifetime. We will have to take the kiddo's swimming in the indoor pool when everyone is better.

Mark said...

I like your pillows, Fawn. Good job! Believe it or not, you will someday soar with a fraction of your dreams, but TODAY is precious beyone words. THe creativity of your words cannot be ignored; you have the best subject matter NOW that you will ever have! Soak it up!:) Your Aunt Cathy

A Little Bit Zany said...

I'm SO proud of you, VERY nice job young lady!!