Friday, October 17, 2008

When good news goes bad

Why can't good news ever come without bad news? We have a condo that we have been trying to rent out since June. It has been sitting vacant, and doing its best to make our bank account vacant as well. Well, good news: we heard from our property manager, and we got a year lease on it! Yay! Now we can buy groceries! But my relief was tempered when they told me the maintenance coordinator needed to talk to me. Oh crap.

Turns out the tenant was complaining that the air conditioner was spitting out only warm air. What does he want, we're in Texas!! Anyways, turns out the heat pump is broken, coils leaking. Don't really know what all that means, but I did understand what $2500+ means. Good times.

But hey, silver lining (however thin) is that we don't have to worry about getting another renter for at least 12 months! Just got to keep telling myself that.

2 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Man, I hate it when the good goes bad! So sorry. Can life ever be simple?

DonB said...

Have you thought about charging extra for the heat?