Wednesday, October 15, 2008

From where I sit

I grabbed the camera last night (or was it this morning? We were up until after 1am) as Filipe was packing for his annual sales meeting in Montreal. This is what I saw.

Filipe's still-unpacked suitcase....
Still unpacked hanging bag....

Sewing machine covered by still unfinished Christmas gifts....


So I'm realizing that I have a lot of unfinished business in my life. When do I get to finish something? Take it from inception to completion? See it through to the end, where I can shelve it and say, "I did great. That was fun." or feel that sense of accomplishement? I look around my house right now, and the dishes from lunch are still on the table, I have a load of laundry sitting in a basket from when I took it out of the dryer two days ago, the desk is covered by this-and-that from who the heck knows when.

This doesn't just apply to my housekeeping issues (and I have plenty!). I have a couple of boxes of craft supplies I got to do projects with Sofia (and I'm not a crafty person), I have school books to do with her that I haven't gotten around to, I have all sorts of ideas for community service projects & church projects, even an idea to start a business. But do I finish any of it? Do I follow through? No. It's just more clutter in my head.

I just want to finish something. Anything.

3 comments:

E and S said...

I linked to your site from Jessy's. I'm a relative of hers from Washington State. I have to say that you hit the nail on head with this post. It is as if you are reading my thoughts exactly! I'm a teacher of 25 second graders and I leave school everyday with about 50 things undone. I come home to a house with about 100 things undone. And I don't have kids of my own! Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I have read your blog and love your sense of humor. Chin up, Lady! I don't even know you and I think your awesome! :)
~ Sara

A Little Bit Zany said...

Oh sister, I could write a book on this! I think that is why I love Friday nights so much. Because for one evening a week, I get to sit down and feel like I should be doing just that...sitting down. I am so thankful for the Sabbath.

Lois said...

I agree with Sara... you are awesome!! Not many women are as sucessful as you are. A mother of 3, 3 years and under. You are all that I ever was but only better.