Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I believe in miracles!

As I turn in for the night, I look at my kitchen and sigh. It truly is a miracle. The counters are cleaned of most clutter. I don't think there are any sneaky crumbs hiding on those tricky mottled-stone surfaces. The table doesn't have any smears of mayo or ketchup. The trashcan is empty. The dishwasher is processing a full load. The smooth top stove is free of (most) spills. It is a beautiful sight. A sight I know will disappear with the morning fog as soon as my three little elves wake up and want their milk. I sigh again. If only for one night.....

4 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Ah!!! That's a fabulous feeling!

Kim Greenberg said...

Is your house on the market and you're not coming clean? (no pun intended)

Fawn said...

Yeah, I found a nice house over by yours, I thought we'd just shift NE a bit. I'm trying to perfect my stalking techniques, and it's so hard from 20 minutes away!

Olivia said...

impressive!