Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Me!




Well, today I turn the big 2-7. Filipe got up with the kids so I could sleep in a little. Then around nine (miracles!) they brought me a beautiful basket of flowers, a delicious breakfast in bed, and lots of Lindor Truffles (my favorite!). The boys really were interested in helping me eat my breakfast, while Sofia was particularly insistent I open my presents right away.
After a lovely shower all by myself, I went to a surprise appointment Filipe had made for me. He had arranged for me to have a minor cosmetic procedure done, something I've been thinking about for a while, but would never do for myself. He's such a thoughtful (and creative!) man, I love him so much! And besides almost fainting in the middle of it, it was quick and painless.
We also enjoyed lunch at the Pizza Hut buffet. We thought the kids would like that, but turns out they don't like pizza anymore. They stuck with the fruit cocktail, cottage cheese, and chocolate pudding. Go figure.
So thanks to everyone sending their birthday love, the day is going great!!

2 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Happy Birthday to you!!

Olivia said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day!