Friday, July 11, 2008

Peanut Butter Granola


I inherited this recipe from my childhood, and I'm eating some right now. It's kind of addictive, so beware. I'm pretty sure it's semi-healthy, too, so I guess that makes up for the fact that I can finish off the whole batch by myself in less than a week. Easily. Also, if you're not afraid of a little mess, kids can help make it, too. Here it is:


6 cups quick oatmeal
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup chopped nuts (I usually use walnuts, but I'm guessing any will work)
3/4 cups honey
2 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
7 oz. shredded coconut

Combine all ingredients, rubbing back and forth between hands until crumbly (did I mention this might get a little messy??). Bake in cookie sheets (the kind with an edge!) at 225 degrees for about 2 hours. Does not need to be stirred. Makes about 11 cups. Goes great with milk, or with yogurt (hello, road trips!).

Yum Yum!

No comments: