Sunday, June 22, 2008

What Child Labor Laws?


I've decided the kids need to start working for their room & board around here. I go through about 4 gallons of whole milk, 4 quarts of soy milk, and heaven only knows how many pounds of fishy crackers every week to feed these ravenous beasts. Not to mention the 8 or 9 loads of laundry every week. Or the hours spent picking up stray pieces of board puzzles throughout the house. Or the dozens of trash bags filled with dirty diapers. Or the hours of listening to sing-a-long songs with peppy tunes & clever (or not) lyrics. Or how many times I've been forced to see Dora's Animal's Adventures. Or the time spent looking for at least one freakin' chewy (pacifier) out of the dozen that we supposedly have (I think the boys eat them--they have to have gone somewhere!). Lots of reasons why I've decided my kids can't be freeloaders any more.


So I've put them to work cleaning windows. After all, it's their half-chewed gooey Dora snacks streaking down the once-gleaming glass. It's their PB & J handprints covering the once-sparkling front door (I can prove it--fingerprints don't lie). So make 'em work for it. That's my new policy. So if you happen to stop by my house and see Sofia pushing the lawnmower while boys are pulling weeds (and probably eating a few), don't call CPS on me. I'm just trying to make them earn their keep.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

hehe :) slave worker fawn. sheesh what is going to happen next?

Annie B said...

I love how while they are cleaning, their sticky little fingers are still plastered to the window... oh the irony.

Kim Greenberg said...

Can they come to my house next? I have plenty of goldfish for their efforts!