Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas!


Well, most people would argue that it smells more like Thanksgiving, but I don't know any songs about that. I opened our pantry today, saw a leftover can of pumpkin from last year (don't worry, it doesn't expire until '09) and got a sudden hankerin' for Pumpkin Pie! I think it was all that talk about Christmas with the Jehovah's Witnesses that did it. So Sofia & I pulled out our ingredients and whipped us up a delighful combination of cinnamon, allspice & cloves (I love the smell of cinnamon & cloves!), topped off with a heathy portion of whipped cream. Yum! I lovelovelovelovelove fall, so it just made my day happy! Come soon, Fall!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

it can always be christmas time for me! though berry season is extra yummy in OR.

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

I hate to break it to you friend, but you've got awhile to wait for that cooler weather. Sigh. Gotta love Texas! But your pie looks scrumptious!