Monday, June 30, 2008

They made it!





So my in-laws packed up their car Saturday night. I would say it's a bit full, no? In fact, I believe that packpack/water jug/pillow/bag is in the passenger seat, which is technically where my mother-in-law is supposed to sit. Hmm....
But regardless of their space restrictions, they have made it safely to Lincoln, NE. And now a new era of life begins for us.... 3 kids & no more free babysitters :( Oh, the sadness. No more free housecleaning :( Oh, the dirtiness. No more free cooking :( Oh, the starvation. They did contribute so much to our lives, but we're happy that they have the chance to move on with theirs, too. After all, I'm pretty sure slavery has been outlawed in the good ol' U.S. of A. So congratulations to them for finding a gig that pays! But we will miss them, come back to visit soon!

1 comment:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Um, yeah, I just read an article about how we all over fill our cars when going on long trips and how unsafe it is to have it piled high out the back. But, whatever. Glad they made it safely! Sigh. I feel your pain on missing the grandparents! :(