Monday, September 4, 2017

The Most Optimistic Flag Football Game Ever

The moment I arrived, I knew it was going to be a great game. I stepped out of the car, and it was a sunny day. Ben and I looked around and saw all of the teams in our group practicing. Then we spotted our team, so we jogged over to practice.

When we got there, we saw Dillon, Eric, Braden, and Jason. They were throwing the football with coach. He said, “Ben & Sam, come join us!”

”Ok, coach,” we replied.

Before we knew it, the game was starting! Dillon and Cason were up at the coin-toss. We were facing the Texans, and I was confident. The Texans won the coin-toss so they received.

It was mid-game now and we were winning. There was a run by Cason. Then to my surprise, the next play I was racing downfield and Dillon threw it to me! For all of that, there was a defender right behind me. Therefore, with all my strength I out-sprinted the defender. “TOUCHDOWN!”

When the game finished, it was a score of 7-52, Raiders’ game. We shook each other’s hands. After that, Maddox said, “I got two touchdowns. How many did you get?”

“I got one!” I said.


     Then we had an end-of-game prayer, and went home.That was surely the best game of my life!



No comments: