Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not as dramatic as planned.


I found this fabulous chair at Goodwill the other day marked $6.99. I grabbed that sucker and hauled it around the store with me, not trusting its fate to the hands of another. My original plan was to sand & paint it black (surprise!) and reupholster it with the black & white damask from my laundry room. But as I ran my hands over it, feeling for rough spots I would need to fill in, the chair almost cried in my palm. You see, the wood was lovely. Not in perfect condition, mind you, but so rich & good. I know I like my spray paint, but I have no illusions as to the profession nature of my abilities. I instinctively knew that by painting her, I would cheapen her. So I decided to leave the wood & just reupholster her.
I found my fabric today in the Red Tag Clearance bin at Joanns. $6/yard, and some quilting batting later, and this is what she looks like now:




So while she may not be the dramatic transformation I had planned, the colors actually look really nice in my neutral living room. Welcome home, little lady!

No comments: