Monday, December 7, 2009

From floral to festive in one fell swoop


Remember when I did my botanical wall in the living room? Love it! Looks so pretty with those natural prints.... but definitely not Christmasy. It stood out like a weed with all the other decorations around. But I didn't want to take them down after all that hard work. And there's also those nine nails in the wall to think about. So what to do?

Make it Christmas! After careful calculations, I determined that "Christmas" has exactly nine letters in it. Don't ask me how I figured it out, it's complicated. You'll have to take my word for it. Originally, I was going to buy some scrapbook paper, but when I was at Target, I found these delightful rolls of fun wrapping paper in the dollar spot. So I bought a bunch of those, put them with some I had on hand already, and was ready to roll.

I printed out the letters to make a stencil on Word. I used Courier New, because it was easy, fun shapes.



I then traced the letters on the back of different wrapping paper, cut them out, and glued them on contrasting paper. Easy!










Now my wall looks like it belongs to the festive room!





DIY Day @ ASPTL
Linking to Trash to Treasure on Reinvented

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Very cool idea. I have the kids last year pics up the stairwell and this would be cool to do until we get the new ones done over Christmas.
Thanks for sharing.
tammy

Micah said...

What a good idea! It is so festive and original...thanks for sharing I am pondering where to put it in my house:)

Unknown said...

How inventive and perfect for the holidays! Stop by and see my creation this week and let me know what you think!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

very colorful and creative! It looks great.

gail

Wendy said...

What a cute and easy Christmas idea! Love it!

Unknown said...

Great way to add Christmas to your walls! Thanks for linking up.

Valley Girl said...

So festive, so bright!

Patricia said...

Thank you for stopping by my little blog!
I LOVE your transformations!!!
You really are amazing in case no one told you that yet today!
The frames are awesome and the laundry room is wonderful!!!
Merry Christmas