Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fawn meets the 21st Century


So I've always thought of myself as technologically advanced. I mean, my parents had a "green screen" computer way before any of my friends had. I remember typing a report in 5th grade about the egyptians on that lovely beast. And printing it on the dot matrix printer. And, of course, just after reading about the newest technological wonder, the "information super highway" in my Weekly Reader, I thought, "Maybe when I'm a grown up. How rad would that be?" And here we are, not 15 years later, and I can hardly remember a time before internet. My family, of course, had AOL as soon as it first came out. My parents can vouch for the triple-digit bills I ran up as I chatted with my "friend," who happened to live up the street.

CD players, DVD players--my dad came home with them all soon after they surfaced. He's the kind who bought my mom an iPod for her birthday, and she says, "and i-what?" But he knew she just had to have it. My point in all this is that I must not have recieved from my dad that technology gene after all, because this is my first foray into the world of blogging. I've read blogs, I even subscribe to a couple (waiterrant.net, thepioneerwoman.com ) but I've never mustered the time or courage to make my own contribution.

Until Now.

I still haven't figured out what exactly my blog will be about. Probably just mundane life stuff, all the boring things that happen when you have three children 3-years-old and under. Very boring life. I'm not recommending you read this if you're looking for excitement on a Saturday night. But if you've exhausted every other resource available to you in the entertainment sector, perhaps this will help you sleep. So, sit back, relax (because I never do), and perhaps even enjoy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great and I though you would be busy enough with the kids! I think I have some chores that you can manage finish up while I am on the road. So you don't need to spill all your guts online!
Filipe

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Yay for the blog! Can't wait to read your next post!

Olivia said...

A blog at last. j/k I will have to check back later to read the next one. I'm impressed that you have one and have three very cute munchkins! That's a lot.

Kim Greenberg said...

Congratulations on entering the forever changing world of technology. You're way ahead of me. Please tell me you took that picture from a google search and it's not really sitting in your garage. I look forward to reading your blogs, and hearing more complaints (or fears) your hubby may want to share with the rest of us!!